Tuesday 2 November 2021

B1- Conversation Strategies.


 CONVERSATION STRATEGIES


  •   Shall I start?
  •   Will you start?
  •   Have you heard about the new restaurant in town?
  •   Would you like to go out for dinner?
  •   I’d love to!
  •   Are you joking?
  •   Why don’t we go to the cinema?
  •   Let’s have a picnic at the zoo.
  •   Sorry, I’m busy. I’m meeting an old friend I haven’t seen for a while.
  •   What about/ how about on Friday? Are you free then?
  •   What are you doing on Saturday?
  •   Nothing much. Saturday is perfect.
  •   We can/ could meet after work.
  •   Great!
  •    Really?
  •    Wonderful/ great!
  •    How lovely/ fantastic/ awful/ fabulous/ terrible!
  •    Absolutely!
  •    Poor you!
  •    Lucky you!
  •    What a coincidence! I can’t believe it!
  •    I’m afraid I don’t agree with you.
  •    I agree with you. That’s a fantastic idea.
  •   Look at the time. I’m in a hurry.
  •   I’m really sorry, but I must go now.
  •    I’ll call you tonight.
  •   Oh, no! Oh,my goodness!
  •   I don’t believe you.
  •   You’re kidding/ joking.
  •   What a pity!
  •   Never mind.
  •   I feel sorry for you.
  •   That’s great news.
  •   I envy you.
  •   I can't wait!
  •   I'm really looking forward to seeing you again.


No comments:

Post a Comment